Odoo OpenERP version 8.0: The all new AVATAR
Odoo OpenERP is considered to be most downloaded and used open source ERP application. In last few years it has given a run for money to its proprietary competitors like SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Netsuite, etc. Currently in OE 7.0 with more than 800+ modules and the ever growing community, OpenERP is once again ready to release its next version, this time it will be a power punch with OpenERP version 8.0.
There has been a lot of speculation and wish list with version 8.0 among its partners and users. Below are few features of Odoo OpenERP version 8.0 which is prepared for its partners. We at Bista Solutions, the Gold partner of Odo OpenERP have summed up the list for our readers.
- Website Builder
- Full featured eCommerce
- Online Events
- Blogs (WordPress)
- Improved calendar (with Google sync & alerts)
- New Warehouse Management
- Improved Survey App
- New report engine (webkit+QWeb+editor)
- Point of Sale hardware integration
- Integrated Business Intelligence (cubes)
- Improved graph views
- Assets: revenue recognition
- New API – framework
- New Technical Documentation
- Mass mailing campaigns (with mailchimp)
- Improved Social Media integration
We are very much excited to put our hands on these features but we would have to wait for couple of months as the expected release would be Quarter 2, 2014.
Do share your thoughts and wish list with us and will try to work on it.