As I have discussed and emphasised always on the advantages of Open source software, Advantage of implementing vTiger CRM over other CRM software also OpenERP why you should select it? In my previous postings.
So this time it is not the product but a category as a whole on why you should use an Open source ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. So here we go with some of the best reasons on making your first preference as Open source ERP during selection and during implementation.
Also I would like to put forward one more informative line that is any ERP system would consist of four costs.
- Software cost
- Licensing Cost
- Vendor Implementation & Customisation Cost
- Maintenance cost
So here we can start with the reasons.
- Revoking Licence cost: As we all know that if we are going for a proprietory software then you have to pay for each and every new user and existing user, which is not the case with Open source software or Open source ERP cost.
- Revoking Software cost: The biggest cost involved in purchasing any kind of software is the software cost itself which contributes around 50 % roughly. So again this biggest cost is been waived off in Open source ERP.
- Freedom with commercial support: I have come across with many cases in my marketing career that many people or decision maker not get fully commit to open source software because they think that if it is free and open source then they worry on the service part, but this is not the case with all open source, because you pay normally 20 to 25 % if the software cost as maintenance so if the software cost totally is reduce then your maintenance also get reduced.
- Platform reliance: Open source ERP normally can run on any platform such as Linux, Mac, or Windows.
- Scalability and Flexibility : Normally Proprietary software such as SAP or others provides with their own home made Modules which here assure you that there is no flexibility in your software, again if you need customisation then you have to pay with hefty amount.
- Software become product in itself: When you customised the software according to your requirements as per industry specific then that software or ERP becomes a first priority for that particular industry, which gives expertise to that ERP software.
- No maintenance, licensing & Module fees : and No comments
with this I end my current posting, would be coming with some good news in my coming post.