Building an edge by utilizing the Cloud ERP
With the advent of Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model, several companies have started adding applications to the Cloud. For example, Salesforce.com was one of the early companies to offer CRM in the cloud. Open ERP also has cloud offering called “Cloud ERP” which has gained a global acceptance.
So what are the advantages of having ERP in the Cloud?
- Cost: One of the biggest advantages of using Cloud ERP software is the cost as compared to the implementation of on premise ERP solutions. Traditional ERP systems were implemented at customer premises that required significant investments in IT infrastructure and people. With the cloud, the investment is reduced to zero. The Cloud service provider has already invested in the infrastructure and people on behalf of the customer.
- Scalability: As the number of users of ERP keeps increasing, the customer just needs to apply for new user accounts in the cloud. He does not need to plan ahead of time in terms of hardware or architecture changes. Hence Cloud ERP is lot more scalable than on-premise ERP implementation
- Flexibility: Good ERP software is the one which has flexibility. The cloud adds another deployment option for companies, thus making it much simpler. Cloud ERP offers on premise, hosted and hybrid options for customers.
- Maintenance: Cloud ERP is maintained by the vendors, so there is no headache of maintenance and support. Constant support is provided by the vendor in case of any queries. Implementation time: For standard out-of-box implementations, Cloud ERP allows the customer to get started with their ERP software immediately. The lead time of implementation is zero!
- Anywhere Access: For global companies that need their employees to access a centralized ERP software, Cloud ERP is perfect. Since the entire ERP software itself is hosted in the cloud, employees can access the ERP software from anywhere in the world.
If you have any questions or are interested in implementing cloud ERP for your organization, let us know! You can reach us using our contact form.