Few years before the term ERP was applicable for large organizations, But this is not the case in today’s competitive market as the term is also applicable to small and medium sized organization. Today the world and market place is growing with a pace and to gain competitive advantage many organization are making use of latest technologies. Many large organisation are today using enterprise resource planning system.
To deal with those large organization SMEs – Small and Medium Enterprises, need to have a similar type of technologies because for the reason that SME face many problems related with marketing communication opportunity etc. to overcome these problems an Enterprise resource planning software can help to manage the problems faced by SME. Lets have a look on some of the points where with an ERP system Small and mid sized business can gain competitive advantage.
An ERP system for Small and mid sized manufacturing can help in the following manner
- ERP system can help SME or SMB to track and manage all the resources with their optimum utilization
- ERP system for SME helps to manage financial marketing and other aspects of the organization
- ERP system for SME helps to connect to both internal as well as external customer with a pace and accuracy.
- ERP system for sme help manager to open the door for new business opportunities
- It also improve the quality of work as business software can increase the effciency and effectiveness of the work say for eg the process that normally take 2 to 3 week with the implementation of ERP system SME or SMB can minimize the lead time.
- ERP software provides SME with a 360 degree view of the company and with that better results and business strategies can be managed with high potentials.
The latest trend in the market is the customized ERP software specially crafted for small and mid sized businesses by erp companies. Some of the more recommendations for small and mid sized businesses is to go for Open source erp software this help in easy installation with customization and also it takes less time towards the implementation