5 Important Tips for ERP Implementation
Enterprise resource Planning (ERP) tools helps you to automate all your business processes and simplify your management, reporting & hierarchical communication. Apart from that it also provides you with the health of your customer pipelines. Many organization implements ERP software but sometimes due to lack of planning, there are blunders during the implementation which finally leads to failure. It is not only the failure of ERP implementation but also of Money, resources, time and other aspects of your organizations. ERP is usually referred to as a category of business-management software—typically a suite of integrated applications—that an organization can use to collect, store, manage and interpret data from these many business activities.
ERP provides an integrated and continuously updated view of core business processes using common databases maintained by a database management system. ERP systems track business resources—cash, raw materials, production capacity—and the status of business commitments: orders, purchase orders, and payroll. The applications that make up the system share data across various departments (manufacturing, purchasing, sales, accounting, etc.) that provide the data. ERP facilitates information flow between all business functions and manages connections to outside stakeholders.
Enterprise system software is a multibillion-dollar industry that produces comp
Today we will provide you with 5 important tips for ERP implementation to be effective & efficient
- Assign an internal resource for preparing the ERP implementation. This will help you to figure out the timelines, your business flow and other areas of your organization. You can also opt for Business requirement Analysis or Functional data gathering by the third party.
- Put the pain points and main points in writing with the help of Flow charts it will be easy for understanding during the implementation.
- Check Vendor Capabilities and ask for various functional demo and history of the software you are selecting for your organization
- If not sure – Run a Proof of Concept or Pilot program with key stakeholders of your organization
- Keep in mind your users since they are the final users of the software
For more tips on ERP implementation, see our article: 10 reasons for ERP implementation failures.